American Builders 2017 have launched a Request for Qualifications for Bid Package No. 4, relating to works on the Atlanta Braves ‘SunTrust Park’ Ballpark in Atlanta, GA, USA.
The scope of the works included in Bid Package No. 4 consist of the following:
1. Miscellaneous Metals – Approximate value $4,000,000
2. Architectural Millwork/Casework – Approximate value $8,000,000
3. Exterior Finish Carpentry (IPE) – Approximate value $600,000
4. Fireproofing – Approximate value $950,000
5. Interior Glass & Glazing – Approximate value $1,200,000
6. Overhead Doors – Approximate value $600,000
7. Hard Tile – Approximate value $3,400,000
8. Epoxy Flooring – Approximate value $450,000
9. Soft Flooring – Approximate value $500,000
10. Painting – Approximate value $2,500,000
11. Miscellaneous Specialties – Approximate value $2,000,000
12. Window Treatments – Approximate value $10,000
13. Signage & Graphics – Approximate value $3,500,000
14. Scoreboards – Approximate value $12,000,000
15. Sports Equipment – Approximate value $300,000
16. Seating – Approximate value $6,250,000
17. Hydrotherapy Equipment – Approximate value $325,000
18. Chain Link Fencing
19. Perimeter Security Equipment – Approximate value $1,500,000
20. Residential Equipment/Appliances – Approximate value $80,000
21. Landscaping & Irrigation – Approximate value $3,000,000
22. Hardscape & Site Concrete – Approximate value $2,000,000
23. Site Furnishings – Approximate value $150,000
24. Wheelchair Lifts – Approximate value $200,000
25. Food Service Equipment – Approximate value $10,000,000
All Requests for Qualifications should be submitted to American Builders 2017 jobsite office, at:
1771 Circle, 75 Parkway SE, Atlanta, GA 30339
For the attention of: Mark Granger, by 2:00 PM eastern time on Thursday, February 26, 2015 or sent via email to: Mark.Granger@AmericanBuilders2017.com along with the executed Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement Form.
The Request for Qualifications can be completed by any interested parties. From the receipt of the Request for Qualifications, American Builders will review the qualifications and make a shortlist of approved bidders. A Request for Proposal will then be issued to the shortlisted firms.
Questions can be submitted to: Mark.Granger@AmericanBuilders2017.com.
The Request for Proposal will be issued around March 18, 2015, to the shortlisted firms.
The full Request for Qualifications document can be viewed at: http://www.americanbuilders2017.com/requests-for-qualifications/
American Builders 2017 is a joint venture between Brasfield & Gorrie, Mortenson Construction, Barton Malow Company and New South Construction Company. The team has more than 225 years of construction experience and has completed more than 330 sports projects, including football stadiums, baseball parks, soccer stadiums, basketball arenas and more. American Builders’ ballpark experience includes Target Field, Coors Field, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Turner Field, Minute Maid Park, PNC Park and Coolray Field.
About SunTrust Park
SunTrust Park is designed with the fans in mind. With 41,500 seats, the more intimate configuration maximizes sightlines and elevations, placing a higher percentage of seats closer to the field than any other ballpark in Major League Baseball. A 90ft roof – three times the size of the current roof – and air conditioning on every level will ensure that a majority of fans are cool on hot summer days. Youngsters will be able to run the bases on a mini-field kids’ zone adjacent to the ballpark.
The popular Chop House will not only overlook the action on the field but the action on the plaza outside the front gate.
The existing topography of the property has been carefully integrated into the design. The intimacy of the ballpark will be accentuated by building the facility into the gently sloping terrain. Trees will separate parking sections that cascade down the slopes. Because of the way the ballpark nestles into the hillside, fans will arrive on the home plate side of the park on the mezzanine level, while entering the outfield side (off the plaza) at field level.
The plaza will be a grand central gathering space for fans, families, residents and visitors. It will serve as a hub of activity, with new and fresh events throughout the year. Residents and visitors might catch a concert, movie or a craft beer in the entertainment venues neighboring the plaza, or enjoy a weekend street festival. On game days, members of Braves Country will gather in the plaza, surrounded by iconic team monuments and championship flags.