The NEC Group has today unveiled a new commercial partnership with Yü Energy, as it becomes the first ever ‘Official Gas and Electricity Partner’ to the Genting Arena.
The agreement will enable the energy provider to showcase its brand and products to almost a million visitors to the Genting Arena per year. The Arena is seen as one of the UK’s premier league of arenas – currently ranked in the top fifteen of the ‘Top 100 Arenas Worldwide’ by Pollstar – and hosts major artists and shows from around the globe.
Bobby Kalar, Managing Director, Yü Energy said:
We are thrilled to become the Official Gas and Electricity Partner of the Genting Arena. I see this as the beginning of a long and beneficial working relationship between Yu Energy and the NEC Group and we’re excited to partner with someone that share our values and focus on great customer experience.
Phil Mead, Managing Director, NEC Group Arenas, commented:
I’m delighted that Yü Energy has joined with us to become the Official Gas & Electricity Partner to the Genting Arena, which will provide the perfect platform to increase their brand and product awareness.
Genting Arena Stats:
- Genting Arena is one of the world’s top entertainment arenas – hosting over 103 shows per year and welcoming over 900,000 people through its doors (2014 figures). Ranked 13th in the list of ‘Top 100 Arenas Worldwide’ by Pollstar, the venue continues to host world class music, sport, comedy and family events.
- Boasting a flexible arena bowl, the venue can be dressed to accommodate intimate academy events for around 5,300 people, or hold nearly three times this at its total capacity of 15,683.
- It first opened in 1980 as the NEC Arena.
- As well as great live shows, the Arena is all about giving visitors ‘more than just the main event’. Following its GBP£29million redevelopment back in 2009, which saw LG become title sponsor, the venue now boasts an innovative pre and post-show entertainment area. Forum Live has gone from strength-to-strength and now hosts everything from acoustic acts and comedians, to dancers and magicians before shows.
- The Arena continues to attract the world’s biggest events; shows already confirmed for 2015 include Neil Diamond, Take That, Crufts, Mrs Brown’s Boys, Paul Simon & Sting and Maroon 5.
- The Arena has great catering facilities – provided by multi award winning caterer Amadeus – this means that people can arrive at the Arena and enjoy quality food and drink before the show even starts. Retail catering is available throughout the venue and visitors can enjoy everything from sustainably sourced and freshly battered fish and British chips, to Old El Paso Mexican food bar and the burger kitchen producing superior burgers. Added to this, amplify offers visitors three levels of hospitality: Freestyle, Club and Air. These range from a simple drinks package to premium dining within the restaurant, Air, and are all about ‘taking your experience to the next level’.
- Yu Energy are the UK’s newest independent gas and electricity supplier.
- Yu Energy is the brainchild of Entrepreneur Bobby Kalar who has set a challenge to proof that energy is not expensive or even difficult to understand.
- Yu Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kensington Power Limited (KPL).
- Kensington Power Limited is licenced to trade in UK power markets.
- Having spent millions of pounds securing OFGEM Licencing, Yu Energy is one of only a handful of truly independent energy suppliers.
- Being a reputed and growing company with a vision to becoming the UK’s trusted energy supplier Yu Energy is poised to see fantastic growth in 2015.
- The company’s ambitious plans include a vision to develop a brand that customers instantly recognise and trust.
- Yu Energy’s bold roadmap is set to see the company turnover increase to c.£45 million by trading year three and c.£80 million by year five.
- Genting UK plc, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Genting Malaysia, trades in the UK as a leisure and entertainment business.
- Genting Malaysia is part of GentingBerhad which was founded in 1980 and is one of Malaysia’s leading multinational corporations. The company has a market capitalization of c£25 billion, with operations in the leisure & hospitality, power generation, oil palm plantation, property development, biotechnology and oil & gas sectors.
- The Genting Group has 50 years of gaming experience running some of the most popular land-based casinos and resorts in Malaysia, Singapore, USA, the Bahamas, and the Philippines under the Resorts World brand.
- Genting UK operate 40 casinos across the UK including the world’s oldest gaming club Crockfords in Mayfair.
- In Spring 2015, the £150 million Resorts World Birmingham opens, with a unique mix of leisure and entertainment, including the 180-room Genting Hotel, an 11-screen Imax cinema, an outlet shopping centre, a casino, The Vox a 50,000sqft conference centre and a wide range of food & beverage offers.