They say the stars shine brighter in Hollywood and thanks to Samsung Display technology, Hollywood Park will be the brightest of them all.
Samsung’s outdoor LED products were exclusively used to build SoFi Stadium’s 70,000ft2 dual-sided centre-hung videoboard and five levels of fascia display which will be used to elevate the fan experience to unparalleled heights.
The state-of-the-art videoboard not only features the most LEDs ever used in a sports or entertainment venue, but also has the first and only 4K end-to-end video production in a stadium.
Harry Patz, senior vice president and general manager, Display Division, Samsung Electronics America said:
SoFi Stadium features cutting edge display technology and serves as another example of Samsung’s commitment to changing the way fans interact with live sports.
We are proud to outfit the stadium with an iconic, first of its kind, double-sided 4K LED display and additional Samsung digital signage technology to ensure that each fan has a unique experience every time they visit Hollywood Park. SoFi Stadium will instantly become one of the NFL’s most talked about stadiums and Samsung is honored to be a part of its history from the start.
Jason Gannon, managing director, SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park said:
The Samsung LED technology represented in the videoboard at SoFi Stadium is unlike anything fans have ever experienced.
The design as well as the board’s video and audio capabilities are the first of their kind in sports and will set a new precedent for the in-stadium experience.
Built for the future, the videoboard has the largest LED content playback system ever deployed. With nearly 80 million pixels spaced 8 millimeters from centre to centre, each panel can be uniquely or congruently programmed with statistics, live and/or animated content. The largest panel is almost 40 feet or four stories tall; its smallest panel is nearly 20 feet or two stories tall. Its unique size and shape make it wider than the field of play and offers fans a spectacular view from anywhere in the stadium, enhancing the action taking place on the field.
The different sizes of the video panels are designed to serve spectators in every seat, from the sideline to the upper deck. Fans sitting in the lower bowl of the stadium will view the inside of the videoboard as it sits directly across from their line of view, while guests in the upper bowl will view the outer panels of the videoboard.
Built into the videoboard is a state-of-the-art JBL audio system with more than 260 of the stadium’s total 4,500 loudspeakers. The videoboard sound system accounts for half a million of the 1.3 million watts of Crown Audio amplification in the venue.
This cutting-edge technology within this 298-acre sports and entertainment destination in the heart of Los Angeles will set a new standard for the fan experience. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park represent the future of sports and live entertainment. Samsung is excited to work with Hollywood Park to
enhance, improve and develop dynamic and innovative technology to improve the guest experience for years to come.
SoFi Stadium Videoboard
- The largest videoboard ever created in sports – 2.2. million pounds and 70,000 square feet of digital LED
- The only 4k end-to-end videoboard in sports
- Its design/structure is the first-of-its-kind, making it the only dual-sided, center-hung videoboard
- Its largest panel is about 40 feet or four stories tall; its smallest panel is almost 20 feet or two stories tall
- It is 120 yards long or 1.2 times longer and 1.5 times wider than the field
- Its oval display features approximately 80 million pixels. The pixels are spaced 8 millimeters from center-to-center and can be uniquely or congruently programmed with statistics, live and/or animated content
- Largest graphics control system in the history of sports
- The videoboard sits 122 feet above the playing field and 70 feet below the roof canopy
- The videoboard has more than 260 speakers embedded into its structure, and the wattage power equivalence of 1,500 home theater systems
- The videoboard has more than seven miles of loudspeaker cable wound throughout
Making of SoFi Stadium’s Videoboard:
- Designer – HKS
- LED Technology Provider – Samsung
- Audio Provider – HARMAN brands
- Audio System Designer – WJHW (Wrightson, Johnson, Haddon, and Williams, Inc.)
- Audio System Contractor – Pro Media Audio and Video